Free and low-cost substance abuse treatment centers in Memphis, TN, provide inpatient and outpatient rehab programs for people who otherwise may be unable to afford care.
These and other free drug rehab centers in Tennessee provide a full range of addiction services, including relapse prevention, behavioral therapy, detoxification, and more.
List Of Free Drug Rehab Centers In Memphis, Tennessee
Several factors were considered when selecting the following free and low-cost rehab facilities, including accreditation, positive reviews, and payment options.
1. CMI Healthcare Services: Baby Love Residential Treatment, Memphis, Tennessee
Baby Love is CMI Healthcare Services’ addiction program for pregnant women. It offers both inpatient and intensive outpatient treatment services for pregnant women over the age of 18.
After giving birth, women can stay at the facility for up to three months with their infant.
Baby Love is also connected to other services including housing assistance, should mothers have housing and other needs after residential treatment has ended.
Additional highlights of this addiction treatment center include:
- dual diagnosis treatment
- medication management
- detox services
- collaboration with medical care for women’s needs
Baby Love is funded by the Tennessee Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services.
Location and contact information:
1931 Dorre Ln.
Memphis, TN 38117
2. Lieutenant Colonel Luke Weathers Jr. VA Medical Center, Memphis, Tennessee
The Lt. Col. Luke Weathers Jr. VA Medical Center offers comprehensive inpatient and outpatient addiction treatment for veterans, active military members, and their families.
This facility has five different accreditations, including from the Joint Commission and the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF).
Highlights of this addiction treatment center also include:
- many veteran-focused services
- trauma-informed care
- telehealth options
- medication-assisted treatment (MAT)
- 24-hour education and therapy programs
Clients can use military insurance, Medicare, Medicaid, Indian Health Service (IHS) funds, and private health insurance to cover costs here.
Location and contact information:
1030 Jefferson Ave.
Memphis, TN 38104
3. Trinity Community Coalition Outreach, Inc., Memphis, Tennessee
Trinity Community Coalition Outreach offers outpatient substance abuse treatment in Memphis including therapy and case management services.
There are also many wraparound services available here, including veterans services, family services, and a food pantry. Transportation is provided if needed.
Additional highlights of this addiction recovery center include:
- a 5-star Google rating
- licensure from the Tennessee Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services (TDMHSAS)
- partnership with the United Way
Location and contact information:
4466 Elvis Presley Blvd.
Memphis, TN 38116
How To Get Free Rehab Services In Memphis, Tennessee
Though it can be challenging to locate free addiction treatment for drug and alcohol abuse, there are things to keep in mind to guide your search.
The following options may reduce or eliminate the cost of addiction treatment:
- nonprofit rehabilitation centers
- programs for specific populations, such as addiction treatment for LGBTQ+ individuals
- faith-based drug rehab centers
- treatment centers that accept public health insurance, such as Medicaid, Medicare, or TRICARE
- programs funded by grants such as the Substance Abuse Prevention and Treatment Block Grant (SABG)
- state-run drug addiction programs
For information on the SABG grant, visit the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)’s or TDMHSAS’ websites.
What Services Are Offered At Free Rehab Centers In Memphis, Tennessee?
Free alcohol and drug abuse treatment centers in Memphis, TN, provide a variety of treatment options. Each facility’s offerings will be different.
Some of the various services and treatments available for you or your loved one include:
- customized treatment plans
- peer support groups for adolescents
- partial hospitalization programs (PHP)
- group therapy
- alcohol rehab
- MAT with medications such as methadone to treat chemical dependency
- sober living recreational activities
- short-term and long-term inpatient treatment
- crisis care and hotlines
- opioid treatment programs (OTP)
- intensive outpatient programs (IOP)
- dual diagnosis treatment for co-occurring disorders
- detox centers for alcohol and other substance use disorders
- behavioral therapy, including family therapy
- referrals to other health system branches
Free rehab centers offer inpatient, outpatient, or both types of treatment programs. There also may be differences in the length of stay regarding residential programs.
Some residential programs may last 30 days, while others last three months or longer. You may find inpatient detoxification or transitional living options as well.
Outpatient programs also consist of a variety of treatment options, including detoxification, MAT, therapy, and more. Program lengths also vary, from weeks to months.
You might also find recreational amenities at free rehab centers, depending upon location and funding.
What If I Can’t Find A Free Rehab Program In Memphis, Tennessee?
If you still can’t find free drug and alcohol substance abuse treatment in Memphis, there are other resources that can assist you.
You might consider looking outside of Memphis for nearby rehab centers in Somerville, TN, Ripley, Bellevue, or Bolivar.
Sliding fee scales, payment installment plans, and other payment assistance options that rehab centers offer may be available.
Scholarships and individual grants to cover part or all of your costs may also be available at rehab centers or from other sources.
Some substance abuse treatment centers accept Medicaid, or TennCare, as it’s called in Tennessee, or other low-cost health insurance plans, such as Medicare.
FAQs About Free Addiction Care In Memphis, Tennessee
For more information about free and low-cost addiction treatment centers in Memphis, please see the questions below.
Can I Bring My Dog To Free Substance Abuse Treatment Programs In Memphis, Tennessee?
Typically, pets are not allowed at drug and alcohol addiction treatment centers, but there are some substance abuse treatment centers that allow dogs.
If your dog is a service animal, there is a chance that the rehab center will allow your dog to accompany you. Check with the rehab center before enrolling for details.
Is Telehealth An Option At Free Addiction Treatment Centers In Memphis, Tennessee?
Many facilities do offer telehealth addiction services as an option. You may see virtual options for MAT check-ins, therapy, and group support.
Telehealth has come a long way, and is now much more prevalent than it was in the past. For people who may need the added accessibility that telemedicine provides, it can be a lifesaver.
Do Free Addiction Treatment Centers In Memphis, Tennessee, Offer MAT?
Yes, MAT is available at some free addiction treatment programs in Memphis.
Medication therapy can help people with alcohol addiction and opioid use disorders detox from those substances and, in some cases, maintain long-term sobriety.
Find Rehab Services Today
Contact us today to learn more about substance abuse treatment options.Article Sources
- Tennessee Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services — Substance Abuse Prevention and Treatment Block Grant
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) — Find Treatment and Helplines
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) — Grants