The state of Nevada is home to a small handful of drug treatment facilities that provide gay-friendly addiction recovery services.
Typically, LGBTQ-friendly rehab centers will offer multiple levels of care, behavioral therapy, gender-affirming care, group therapy, medical detox, and more.
List Of LGBTQ+-Friendly Addiction Recovery Centers In Nevada
The following addiction treatment centers in Nevada were selected based on criteria such as accreditation status, licensure, Google reviews, certifications, and feedback from past clients.
1. Desert Hope Treatment Center, Las Vegas, Nevada
Desert Hope Treatment Center offers an addiction recovery program in Las Vegas, NV. This facility offers specialized programs for LGBTQ+ people.
Treatment options may include:
- residential treatment
- medical detoxification
- co-occurring disorder care
- family therapy
- 12-step programs
The top features of Desert Hope include Joint Commission accreditation, Better Business Bureau (BBB) accreditation, and a 4-star Google rating.
Location and contact information:
2465 E. Twain Ave.
Las Vegas, NV 89121
2. WestCare, Las Vegas, Nevada
WestCare offers LGBTQIA+-friendly rehab programs that provide dual diagnosis treatment, trauma-based counseling, group therapy, gender-based treatment, and mental health services.
This drug and alcohol rehab center is backed by:
- Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) accreditation
- positive client testimonials
- a high rating on Google
323 N. Maryland Pkwy.
Las Vegas, NV 89101
What To Expect At A Nevada LGBTQ+ Rehab Facility
If you or your loved ones are looking for an LGBT-centered rehabilitation center in Nevada, you may be wondering what types of treatment services and levels of care will be available to you.
Drug and alcohol treatment plans may include:
- long-term residential treatment
- medication-assisted treatment (MAT)
- partial hospitalization programs (PHP)
- intensive outpatient programs (IOP)
- short-term inpatient treatment for adolescents and young adults
- standard outpatient treatment services
- opioid drug addiction treatment
- dual diagnosis treatment for co-occurring mental health disorders
- case management
- support groups for transgender individuals
- 12-step programs for alcohol addiction
- wellness and general healthcare services
- cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
- dialectical behavior therapy (DBT)
- relapse prevention programs
- sober living or transitional living homes
Treatment providers might also include holistic therapies in their programs, such as equine-assisted therapy, music therapy, and nutritional therapy.
Why LGBTQIA+-Friendly Rehab Services Are Important In Nevada
Lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and people who are questioning their sexuality often face challenges such as discrimination, mental health issues, stigma, harassment, and hate crimes.
These hardships may be part of the reason why rates of alcohol and drug abuse among LGBTQIA+ people are substantially higher than heterosexuals in the general population.
It is important for people in the LGBTQ community to have access to specialized behavioral health treatment services so that they can have a better chance of achieving long-term recovery.
FAQs About Nevada LGBTQ Rehab Centers
The commonly asked questions listed below may help you narrow your search for an LGBTQ+-friendly rehab facility in Nevada.
Are There LGBTQ+ Treatment Facilities In Nevada That Accept Medicaid Insurance?
Yes, rehab centers may be in-network with private health insurance, Medicare, TRICARE military insurance, and Nevada Medicaid for substance abuse treatment.
To qualify for government-run insurance coverage, applicants will need to meet certain income and family size requirements.
Do LGBTQ-Friendly Rehab Centers In Nevada Allow Pets?
No, there are not currently any pet-friendly drug rehab centers in Nevada. If you wish to bring your dog or cat with you to treatment, an out-of-state facility may be your best option.
What If I Can’t Afford A Drug Rehab Program For LGBTQ People In Nevada?
People with limited financial resources can find several free rehab centers in Nevada, but not all of these facilities will provide specialized addiction rehab services for LGBT people.
Free rehab centers may be state-funded or receive funds through private donations. If services aren’t free, they will be greatly reduced in cost through payment options such as a sliding fee scale.
Find A Substance Use Disorder Treatment Center Today
Take the first step to lasting sobriety today and contact DetoxRehabs.net for more information about addiction treatment programs.Article Sources
- National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA)
- Nevada Department of Health and Human Services
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)