People with substance use disorders may believe the price of addiction treatment is too high for their budget. This leaves many untreated drug use issues, which often get worse with time.
Fortunately, there are many free Oregon rehab centers that provide substance abuse treatment plans that meet clients’ individual needs. Read on to learn about facilities near Gresham, Oregon.
List Of Alcohol And Drug Addiction Treatment Centers Near Gresham, Oregon
The following rehab centers near Gresham, OR, were chosen for this list based on their use of certified clinicians and received accreditations.
1. Blackburn Center, Portland, Oregon
Blackburn Center is an outpatient addiction treatment facility in Portland, OR, that is one of many Central City Concern (CCC) recovery centers in Portland.
The nonprofit CCC is a Health Center Program Award Recipient, meaning all facilities receive funding from the Health Resources & Services Administration (HRSA).
These treatment centers must adhere to clinical and financial requirements to maintain funding, such as offering free and quality substance abuse healthcare, regardless of a client’s ability to pay.
Recovery services include:
- individual and group therapy
- peer support and counseling
- medication-assisted treatment (MAT)
- medication management with a pharmacist
Location and contact information:
12121 E. Burnside St.
Portland, OR 97216
2. Native American Rehabilitation Services Association (NARA) Northwest Outpatient Treatment Center, Portland, Oregon
This center is part of the NARA. This non-profit organization has many state-licensed locations throughout Portland.
All NARA locations are Federally Supported Health Centers Assistance Act health centers, meaning they receive funding from the HRSA and can offer free and quality services.
Though NARA centers aim to primarily help American Indians and Alaska Natives, anyone can receive free addiction treatment through these programs.
The Columbia Street location is an outpatient treatment facility that offers counseling, therapy, and case management services.
Location and contact information:
1631 S.W. Columbia St.
Portland, OR 97201
3. NARA NW Residential Treatment Center, Portland, Oregon
NARA also offers residential treatment at a secondary facility for anyone looking for a more intensive treatment option.
Throughout this program, clients live on-site and receive many services that help reshape the mind, body, and spirit.
Clients may be offered:
- parenting support
- culturally-minded activities
- referrals to aftercare services
- physical activities
- individualized treatment plans
Location and contact information:
17645 N.W. St. Helens Hwy.
Portland, OR 97231
How To Find Free Alcohol And Drug Treatment In Gresham, Oregon
Residents of Gresham, OR, can receive free addiction recovery services by signing up for no-cost health insurance or attending a treatment center that receives outside funding.
Health Resources & Services Administration (HRSA) Funded Centers
HRSA has awarded many treatment centers in Oregon with funding due to their commitment to serving underprivileged populations.
With funding from the HRSA, clients who don’t have private insurance or can’t participate in a sliding fee scale will still receive care.
Some treatment options offered by HRSA-funded rehab centers include:
- inpatient treatment
- detoxification centers
- outpatient programs, including partial hospitalization and intensive outpatient treatment
Oregon Health Plan
The Oregon Health Plan (OHP) is a free health program for low-income residents who need medical, dental, and mental health services.
People who are eligible for OHP receive Medicaid benefits, which include:
- individual counseling
- behavioral health treatment
- detox services
Examples of eligible participants include:
- couples who make less than $2,004 per month
- children whose parent/guardian makes less than $6,736 per month
- a pregnant person who makes less than $2,040 per month
What To Do If You Can’t Find Free Drug And Alcohol Addiction Treatment Near Gresham, Oregon
Although addiction treatment centers near Gresham, Portland, usually have spots available, there may be times when they are filled to capacity.
In this case, there are many facilities in Oregon that you or a loved one can attend for free. Treatment centers in Salem, Eugene, and Fossil, offer outpatient and inpatient drug recovery.
Treatment Services Offered By Free Drug And Alcohol Treatment Facilities Near Gresham, Oregon
Free rehab centers near Gresham, OR, offer many different services for clients that help them during and after recovery.
- individual and group counseling
- case management Services
- parent-child development services
- childcare while participating in on-site treatment services
- adolescent programming
- dual diagnosis treatment
- gender-specific groups
- LGBTQ+ recovery support groups
- traditional ceremonies
- driving under the influence (DUI) rehabilitation program
- dialectical behavior therapy (DBT)
- access to peer-based, recovery support services
- community outreach
- telehealth services
- relapse prevention skills
FAQs About Drug And Alcohol Rehab Centers Near Gresham, Oregon
There may be many questions you have while searching through the many free treatment centers in Gresham, OR. We’ve answered some frequently asked questions to help ease your search.
Are Pets Allowed In Free Alcohol And Drug Treatment Facilities Near Gresham, Oregon?
Pets can provide comfort and love during active addiction, and the same can be said when someone is recovering from drug abuse.
There are a growing number of pet-friendly rehab centers in the U.S. To inquire if a free rehab center near Gresham, OR, allows pets, call the selected facility’s helpline.
How Do I Know If A Free Drug Abuse Center Near Gresham, Oregon, Offers Credible Treatment?
If you’re wondering about the quality of treatment that a rehabilitation center near Gresham, OR, offers, there are certain marks of excellence you can look for.
Marks of excellence include:
- state licenses
- accreditations from the Joint Commission or Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF)
- seals from federal agencies
- affiliation with the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) or National Institute On Drug Abuse (NIDA)
Do Free Rehab Centers Near Gresham, Oregon, Treat Opioid And Opiate Abuse?
With the nation currently in an opioid epidemic, recovery centers near Gresham, OR, often provide treatment for fentanyl addiction, prescription drug misuse, and heroin abuse.
Treatment for opioids and opiates usually includes therapy, methadone treatment, and support group facilitation.
Find Substance Abuse Treatment
The journey to a drug-free life can start today. Call us to learn about your options for outpatient services and inpatient rehab programs.Article Sources
- Health Resources & Services Administration — Health Center Program Award Recipients
- Oregon Health Authority — Information for Individuals and Families
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration — Behavioral Health Treatment Services Locator