Saint Petersburg, Florida, is home to a number of free and low-cost rehab centers that are either partially or fully funded by federal grants, state monies, scholarships, and more.
Free Florida rehab centers provide treatment in both inpatient and outpatient settings and offer programs such as counseling, detoxification, and dual diagnosis care.
List Of Free Drug Rehab Centers In St. Petersburg, FL
Each of the drug rehab centers mentioned in the list below was selected for its marks of quality care, which include accreditation, certifications, positive Google ratings, and more.
1. Salvation Army Adult Rehabilitation Center, St. Petersburg, Florida
This nonprofit drug and alcohol treatment center provides those in need with a range of substance use and addiction treatment options.
Programs and services available at this free rehab center in St. Petersburg, FL, are:
- residential rehabilitation programs
- inpatient programs (IP)
- faith-centered treatment
- peer support services
- vocational programs
- drug abuse education programs
- sober living housing
- individual and group therapy
This facility has been accredited through the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) and bears a 4.5-star Google rating with 45+ published reviews.
Location and contact information:
5885 66th St. N.
St. Petersburg, FL 33709
2. Spencer Recovery Center, St. Petersburg, Florida
This adult drug and alcohol rehab center accepts TRICARE health insurance and most major insurance carriers.
Treatment options available at this rehab center include:
- group and individual counseling
- educational programs
- relapse prevention
- residential rehab
- inpatient and outpatient programs
- aftercare services
This facility has been accredited by the Florida Department of Children and Families (FDCF) and bears a 4.1-star Google rating.
Location and contact information:
140 Corey Ave.
St. Petersburg, FL 33706
3. WhiteSands Drug And Alcohol Rehab Center, St. Petersburg, FL
This drug addiction treatment center in St. Petersburg, FL, accepts TRICARE health insurance and uses a sliding fee scale for those without insurance.
Treatment programs and services at this location include:
- medication-assisted treatment (MAT)
- residential rehab programs
- vocational skills training
- drug abuse education and counseling
- inpatient and outpatient treatment settings
Marks of quality care at this rehab center are:
- a LegitScript certification
- partnership with the National Association of Addiction Treatment Providers (NAATP)
- a 5-star Google rating with 15+ published reviews from past clients
Location and contact information:
5749 38th Ave. N.
St. Petersburg, FL 33710
How To Get Free Rehab Services In St. Petersburg, Florida
There are many ways to access free and low-cost rehabilitation programs and services at addiction recovery centers in St. Petersburg, FL.
Ways to access free or low-cost substance use disorder (SUD) treatment include:
- state health insurance programs, such as TRICARE, Medicare, and Medicaid
- enrolling at Florida-operated drug rehab centers that accept Medicaid
- attending non-profit rehabilitation centers and using donation funds for treatment
- federal funding from the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)
- scholarships and other public outreach resources for addiction treatment
What Treatment Services Are Offered At St. Petersburg, Florida?
Substance abuse treatment can take many forms.
Free rehabilitation centers in St. Petersburg, FL, offer a wide range of behavioral health services to best help clients achieve sobriety and support their physical and mental health.
Treatment options at free drug and alcohol treatment facilities in St. Petersburg include:
- partial hospitalization programs (PHP)
- drug abuse counseling
- primary care and other non-addiction healthcare services
- intensive outpatient treatment (IOP)
- outpatient treatment
- medical detox from opioids, methamphetamine, heroin, and other substances
- residential treatment programs
- drug addiction education
- alcohol addiction counseling groups, such as Alcoholics Anonymous (AA)
- inpatient drug rehab programs
- comprehensive assessments and referrals
- short-term and long-term transitional housing
- chemical dependency management
- dual diagnosis treatment for co-occurring disorders
- age-specific programs for adolescents
- aftercare programs
- telehealth services
Treatment providers who do not offer on-site detox may provide a referral to a nearby detox program prior to enrolling a new client.
What If I Can’t Find A Free Addiction Treatment Center In St. Petersburg, Florida?
Many programs are full due to high demand, but there are always other options.
Most drug treatment centers in St. Petersburg, FL, accept private health insurance carriers, and some also offer a sliding fee scale to provide income-adjusted rates.
Additional free programs at addiction treatment centers in Pinellas Park, Tampa, and Sarasota, FL, may be able to help.
FAQs About Free Addiction Treatment Programs In St. Petersburg, Florida
Find answers in the list below to some of the most frequently asked questions concerning free and low-cost drug treatment centers in St. Petersburg, FL.
Can Veterans Receive Cost-Free Addiction Treatment At St. Petersburg, Florida, Rehab Centers?
There is a wide range of Veteran-specific addiction treatment services available at rehab centers in St. Petersburg, FL.
These services frequently feature detoxification, mental health treatment, housing assistance, and nutritional support.
Are There Any LGBTQIA+-Friendly Drug Rehab Centers In St. Petersburg, FL?
Yes, there are many LGBTQIA+-friendly rehab facilities in St. Petersburg that accept everyone regardless of gender or sexual orientation.
Some of these drug and alcohol rehab centers offer evidence-based treatment services that serve the needs of the queer community.
How Long Will I Stay At A Free Rehabilitation Facility In St. Petersburg, Florida?
The average length of stay at an inpatient rehab program in St. Petersburg, FL, is 30 to 60 days. However, some programs may be extended, depending on personal needs.
Outpatient programs can last as long as six months.
Can Pregnant Women Be Enrolled At St. Petersburg, Florida, Free Rehab Centers?
While not every rehab center in St. Petersburg, FL, has the resources to accommodate pregnant women and provide the primary healthcare services they require, many do.
Be sure to verify that your selected rehabilitation center is able to help you detox during pregnancy and provide prenatal care.
Find A Drug And Alcohol Rehab Program
If you or a loved one is in need of addiction treatment, call us today to discuss the different approaches you can take with substance abuse treatment.Article Sources
- National Institute of Drug Abuse (NIDA) — Treatment Approaches for Drug Addiction DrugFacts
- National Library of Medicine (NLM) — Evidence-Based Medicine
- National Library of Medicine (NLM) — Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT) For Opioid Use Disorder
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) — National Helpline