People with substance use disorders in Boston, Massachusetts can find several drug and alcohol rehab programs and detox centers.
In addition to treatment plans for different types of substance use, these Massachusetts addiction treatment centers offer an array of payment options for clients seeking sobriety.
What To Expect At A Rehab Center In Boston, Massachusetts
Upon enrolling in a rehab program in Boston, MA, clients will be interviewed by a medical professional to assess the severity of their addiction and their overall health.
After the intake process is complete, some clients may begin a medical detoxification program to ensure that toxins are eliminated from the body before moving on to the next phase of treatment.
Medical detox can take up to a week. Once completed, clients will transition to an inpatient program where they can engage in behavioral therapy, counseling, support groups, and more.
Types Of Addictions Treated In Boston, Massachusetts
The types of addictions treated will greatly depend on the rehab center. For example, some facilities may only be able to accommodate people living with alcohol addiction.
Addiction Treatment Services Provided At Boston, Massachusetts Rehab Centers
Addiction rehab programs in Boston, MA may offer several different types of behavioral health services and multiple levels of care depending on the specific needs of the client.
Substance abuse treatment options may include:
- medication-assisted treatment (MAT) using buprenorphine or methadone
- medical detox programs
- 12-step programs
- general outpatient treatment
- inpatient treatment for young adults
- intervention services
- outpatient programs for opioid drug abuse
- aftercare services
- support groups for adolescents
- dual diagnosis treatment for co-occurring disorders
- general healthcare services
- intensive outpatient programs (IOP)
- relapse prevention services
- case management and wellness services
- partial hospitalization programs (PHP)
- group counseling
- sober living homes
- individual and group therapy
- long-term residential treatment
- appointments with licensed clinicians
Some addiction recovery programs may offer faith-based services or non-religious drug rehab programs for people who want to avoid the role of spirituality in their treatment plan.
Cost Of Addiction Care In Boston, Massachusetts
The cost of a drug and alcohol rehab program in Boston, Massachusetts will vary greatly depending on the treatment facility.
For example, luxury rehab centers in Boston can cost several thousand dollars a month and will feature private bedrooms, holistic therapies, and top-tier accommodations.
State-funded rehab centers, however, may have no out-of-pocket costs, but clients will usually not have access to experimental treatment services or luxurious amenities.
The cost of rehabilitation care may be offset for certain at-risk populations.
For example, state-provided veteran resources may include referrals for mental health assessments, employment assistance, housing placement, and more.
How To Pay For Drug And Alcohol Treatment In Boston, Massachusetts
Rehab programs in Boston, MA can be financed using a variety of methods, but the accepted payment methods will vary between locations.
Payment options for addiction treatment may include:
- government grants through the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)
- scholarships from private entities
- Massachusetts Medicaid for substance use treatment
- private health insurance providers
- other government-run insurance programs such as Medicare or Tricare (military insurance)
FAQs Regarding Boston, Massachusetts Drug Rehab Centers
Finding a reputable addiction treatment program is stressful, but help is available. The commonly asked questions below may help you narrow your search for a rehab center.
Are There LGBTQ-Friendly Rehab Programs In Boston, MA?
Yes, all rehab centers in Boston will offer LGBTQ-friendly addiction treatment services. Some programs even offer specialized services for the queer community.
Reputable drug and alcohol rehabilitation facilities do not discriminate against clients for their sexual preference or gender identity.
What If I Can’t Afford Addiction Treatment In Boston, MA?
People with fewer financial resources can find many free rehab centers in Massachusetts. These types of facilities are funded through donations or government grants.
Due to high demand, clients may have to enter a waitlist to secure a bed at a free rehab facility.
Can I Bring My Pet With Me To An Addiction Recovery Center In Boston, MA?
While most substance use disorder treatment centers do not allow clients to bring their pets, there are some locations throughout the U.S. that are considered pet-friendly drug rehab facilities.
People can contact the addiction treatment center of their choice to learn more about their pet policy.
Find A Massachusetts Rehab Center Today
If you or a loved one are facing a substance use disorder, contact us today. Our team can help you find a rehab facility in Massachusetts that works for you.
- Massachusetts Health and Social Services — MassHealth
- National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) — Treatment Approaches for Drug Addiction DrugFacts
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) — Grants